Guiding Principle (ROFO)
Schaffner‘s Manufacturing Operating Principles:
- Our customers determine our existence
- Learning – be a teacher as well as a student
- Daily quality / production and material review board meetings. Half an hour maximum each
- Embrace the principle of discipline wholeheartedly
ROFO stands for:
- R - Responsibility
- O - Ownership
- F - Focus
- O - On time corrective action
- Don‘t blame others
- Don‘t find an excuse for other people‘s success
- Willingness to help and to do the extra mile
- Don‘t envy others for having an easier life
- Don‘t compare yourself with others
- Lead by exemplary behaviour
- Commitment or duty
- To fulfill tasks in accordance to job description
- In work, we refer to the duties you are normally assigned and obliged to carry out. Normally these duties are apparent in nature.
- For example, the Materials Manager is duty bound to purchase the right materials at the right costs and delivered at the right time.
- It goes beyond responsibility
- It extends your responsibility areas
- It gives you a sense of duty to own the “ Total process”
- Committed to fulfill the tasks successfully and wholeheartedly
- Pay attention to a certain area. Do not deviate from the original problem area
- Constantly keep in mind that you need to do something
- Analyze, plan and develop (alternative) solutions
On Time Corrective Action
- Two key words: “On- time“ and „action “
- “On- time” means now and don’t wait for tomorrow
- “Action“ signifies doing it. “ Action“ has two parts; one is „reactive“‘ and means correcting the problem immediately and the other is „preventive“ and means preventing the problem from happening again.
- It means doing it and implementing what you have decided to correct the problem.
- It could also mean doing it and implementing what you have decided to improve the situation.